The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Accounting Manager
- The SSRC seeks an Accounting Manager to manage day-to-day financial operations and help build strong systems to support a growing organization. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and supervises the Senior Accountant and the Junior Accountant.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a motivated, well-organized Program Assistant to work with the growing Anxieties of Democracy program. With excellent writing, editorial, and organizational skills, the Program Assistant will support high-profile academics, politicians, and members of the media in this program motivated by a deep concern about whether the core institutions of representative democracies can capably address large problems in the public interest.
- Development and Strategic Partnerships Consultancy - Measure of America
- As a small research and policy advocacy initiative, Measure of America views strategic partnerships as central to its ability to contribute to social change. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and connector who will lead outreach and develop and strengthen partnerships to help build a broad and sustainable base of research, advocacy, and financial support for the long-term impact and growth of the project.
- Religion and the Public Sphere Program/Editorial Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant for its work on religion and the public sphere to assist with project development and the program’s digital forum, The Immanent Frame.
- Measure of America, Communications and Social Media Intern Fall 2016
- The SSRC seeks a Communications and Social Media Intern interested in policy advocacy to participate in Measure of America’s communications strategy, which includes blog posts, social media work, and writing on well-being, poverty, and inequality in the United States.