The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a motivated, well-organized Program Assistant to work with the growing Anxieties of Democracy program. With excellent writing, editorial, and organizational skills, the Program Assistant will support high-profile academics, politicians, and members of the media in this program motivated by a deep concern about whether the core institutions of representative democracies can capably address large problems in the public interest.
- AP/Payroll Accountant
- The SSRC seeks an early–career level Accountant to work in accounts payable and payroll.
- Director of Strategic Communications
- The SSRC seeks a Director of Strategic Communications to lead its Communications Department and work closely with senior management and program leadership to design and implement communications strategies across various platforms.
- Measure of America Research Associate - Quantitative Analyst
- The SSRC seeks a Research Associate - Quantitative Analyst for its Measure of America program. The Research Associate will contribute to the goal of maintaining Measure of America as a center of statistical excellence on issues of well-being and access to opportunity as well as on other social justice, civil liberties, and multidimensional poverty topics.
- Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a full-time Program Assistant with an interest in African higher education to work with fellows, faculty, and the program director as a key member of the Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa team.
- Scholarly Borderlands Program Officer
- The SSRC seeks a Program Officer for its new Scholarly Borderlands initiative. The initiative mobilizes interdisciplinary groups of scholars to deepen social science inquiry in potential areas of innovation, at times by building connections to the humanities and the natural sciences. In addition, the PO will participate in the development of new projects for the Council’s program on Religion and the Public Sphere.
- Religion and the Public Sphere Program/Editorial Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant for its work on religion and the public sphere to assist with project development and the program’s digital forum, The Immanent Frame.
- Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant
- The SSRC invites applications for the position of Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant. This position will help support the program through administrative duties and by assisting with program-related research, evaluation, data analysis, social media/web analytics, grant reporting, website updates and maintenance, and program finance and expenses.
- Measure of America, Communications and Social Media Intern Fall 2016
- The SSRC seeks a Communications and Social Media Intern interested in policy advocacy to participate in Measure of America’s communications strategy, which includes blog posts, social media work, and writing on well-being, poverty, and inequality in the United States.