The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Administrative Assistant: Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program
- The Social Science Research Council seeks an Administrative Assistant for its Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program. This position provides support for all staff members and events associated with the program.
- Digital Communications Associate
- The SSRC seeks an energetic Digital Communications Associate to work closely with the Communications team on digital content creation, social media engagement, audience acquisition, and web analytics management.
- Evaluation Manager
- The SSRC seeks an Evaluation Manager to work with a team under the direction of the Executive Director on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for the Atlantic Philanthropies’ newly funded Atlantic Fellows Program for Racial Equity (AFRE).
- African Peacebuilding Network Part-Time Communications/Editorial Assistant
- The SSRC invites applications for the position of part-time (4 days per week) Communications/Editorial Assistant to work closely with the African Peacebuilding Network on a broad range of editorial and communication-related activities.
- Development and Strategic Partnerships Consultancy - Measure of America
- As a small research and policy advocacy initiative, Measure of America views strategic partnerships as central to its ability to contribute to social change. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and connector who will lead outreach and develop and strengthen partnerships to help build a broad and sustainable base of research, advocacy, and financial support for the long-term impact and growth of the project.
- African Peacebuilding Network Fall Internship
- The Social Science Research Council seeks an intern for its African Peacebuilding Network. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable research, communications, and administrative experience. The internship will last approximately three months and will require about twenty hours per week in the Brooklyn Heights office.