The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Director
- The SSRC seeks a Program Director the Anxieties of Democracy program. The Program Director will oversee focused working groups, a grants program, and a range of outreach and public engagement activities dedicated to addressing how to make democracies govern more effectively.
- Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with the Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum.
- Program Assistant/Associate, Abe Fellowship Program Tokyo Office
- The Social Science Research Council seeks a Program Assistant/Associate for its Abe Fellowship Program in its office in Tokyo, Japan. Working with the Program Manager and program staff, the assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the office.
- Program Manager
- The SSRC seeks a Program Manager for its Drugs, Security and Democracy Program at its office in Brooklyn, NY.
- Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant
- The SSRC invites applications for the position of Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant. This position will help support the program through administrative duties and by assisting with program-related research, evaluation, data analysis, social media/web analytics, grant reporting, website updates and maintenance, and program finance and expenses.