The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Director
- The SSRC seeks a Program Director the Anxieties of Democracy program. The Program Director will oversee focused working groups, a grants program, and a range of outreach and public engagement activities dedicated to addressing how to make democracies govern more effectively.
- Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with the Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum.
- Education Research and Anxieties of Democracy: Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with both the Education Research Program and the Anxieties of Democracy program. The Program Assistant will support activities and senior staff in both programs.
- Evaluation Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for two of the Atlantic Philanthropies’ newly funded Atlantic Fellows programs: Atlantic Fellows for Racial Equity (AFRE) and Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health at the Global Brain Health Institute (GBHI).
- Program Assistant/Associate, Abe Fellowship Program Tokyo Office
- The Social Science Research Council seeks a Program Assistant/Associate for its Abe Fellowship Program in its office in Tokyo, Japan. Working with the Program Manager and program staff, the assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the office.
- Program Manager - Measure of America
- Measure of America is a small research and policy advocacy initiative of the Social Science Research Council dedicated to stimulating nonpartisan, fact-based debate on issues of well-being and access to opportunity. It works in the areas of health, education, living standards, youth disconnection, and a range of other well-being topics. Measure of America is looking for a Program Manager for an initial one-year period to lead several innovative projects related to this mission, working in close partnership with New York City stakeholders and possibly stakeholders in other cities.
- Understanding Violent Conflict Internship
- The Social Science Research Council is seeking an intern for its new Understanding Violent Conflict Initiative.