The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Africa Peacebuilding Network Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant for the African Peacebuilding Network (APN) to support the Program Director in the administration of the APN’s various activities, grants, and research outputs.
- Program Assistant, Measure of America
- Measure of America, a program of the Social Science Research Council, is seeking a Program Assistant to join a small but high-impact team in July 2016. The Program Assistant contributes to the program’s research, advocacy, and communications efforts, helps coordinate logistics and web presence, and otherwise supports the work of the program.
- Religion and the Public Sphere Program/Editorial Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant for its work on religion and the public sphere to assist with project development and the program’s digital forum, The Immanent Frame.
- Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant
- The SSRC invites applications for the position of Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant. This position will help support the program through administrative duties and by assisting with program-related research, evaluation, data analysis, social media/web analytics, grant reporting, website updates and maintenance, and program finance and expenses.
- AP/Payroll Accountant
- The SSRC seeks an early–career level Accountant to work in accounts payable and payroll.
- Director of Strategic Communications
- The SSRC seeks a Director of Strategic Communications to lead its Communications Department and work closely with senior management and program leadership to design and implement communications strategies across various platforms.
- Fellowship Assistant: Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship Program
- The SSRC invites applications for the position of Fellowship Assistant for the Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship (DPDF) program. DPDF organizes interdisciplinary trainings to support graduate students in the humanities and social sciences to prepare doctoral dissertation research proposals, and in the future expects to work with universities to develop similar trainings for graduate students on their home campuses.
- Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a full-time Program Assistant with an interest in African higher education to work with fellows, faculty, and the program director as a key member of the Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa team.
- Scholarly Borderlands Program Officer
- The SSRC seeks a Program Officer for its new Scholarly Borderlands initiative. The initiative mobilizes interdisciplinary groups of scholars to deepen social science inquiry in potential areas of innovation, at times by building connections to the humanities and the natural sciences. In addition, the PO will participate in the development of new projects for the Council’s program on Religion and the Public Sphere.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Summer Internship
- The Social Science Research Council invites applications from ambitious, resourceful, and well-organized enthusiasts of democracy for an internship with its Anxieties of Democracy program based in Brooklyn. Applicants with related coursework in political science, strong research and writing skills, social media talents, and/or design experience are especially encouraged to apply.