Evaluation Program Assistant
The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for two of the Atlantic Philanthropies’ newly funded Atlantic Fellows programs: Atlantic Fellows for Racial Equity (AFRE) and Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health at the Global Brain Health Institute (GBHI).
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications.
The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for the Atlantic Philanthropies. As part of its commitment to strategic learning, the Atlantic Philanthropies has asked the Social Science Research Council to develop an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for its newly funded Atlantic Fellows for Racial Equity (AFRE) grant based at Columbia University, and for its Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Program based at the Global Brain Health Institute (GBHI), which is housed in San Francisco and Dublin. The overall goal of the AFRE grant is to support visionary and racially diverse leaders to challenge and advance ambitious and comprehensive solutions to anti-black racism and racial inequality. The program will support the growth and development of a generation of leaders who will not only understand the dynamics of anti-black racism, but also change them. The mission of the Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health is to reduce the scale and impact of dementia locally and globally by training and supporting a new generation of leaders to develop and translate research evidence and innovation into more informed and effective policy and practice. The Program Assistant will report to the Senior Advisor for Learning and Evaluation Strategy.
- BA in one of the social science or humanistic disciplines or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in issues of race equity and/or age equity.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and a high degree of professionalism are essential.
- Experience and/or familiarity with social media, web, and database development preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in multicultural and diverse settings with various stakeholders (advocates, researchers, professors, funders, university administrators, etc.).
- Interest or experience in program evaluation a plus.
- Support the Senior Advisor for Learning and Evaluation Strategy with overall administration of the program.
- Organize on- and offsite workshops and meetings. This includes handling logistical support, preparing meeting agendas and other relevant meeting materials, and coordinating and facilitating correspondence with participants and all relevant constituents during workshops and meetings.
- Process payment requests for meeting participants, vendors, and program partners.
- Work with budgets and financial reports, and process and reconcile expenses against budgets.
- Take minutes of complex discussions, and draft event summary notes.
- Assist with the production of outreach materials.
- Carry out online research, create and maintain program- and project-related data, and perform data analysis and present results.
- Help expand the program’s online presence, which includes managing and updating program webpages and social media applications.
- Assist with drafting program reports and proposals.
- Serve as primary contact for program-related questions and correspondence.
- Assist with program monitoring and evaluation, proposal/project development, and grant writing and grant reporting.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as directed, depending upon interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is $33,000. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Evaluation Program Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.