The SSRC seeks an Executive Assistant in the Executive Director’s Office. S/he will report to the Coordinator of the Executive Director’s Office.
The Social Science Research Council is an independent, not-for-profit research organization founded in 1923. Based in New York City, it mobilizes researchers, policymakers, professionals, activists, and other experts from the private and public sectors to develop innovative approaches to issues of critical social importance. It does this through a wide variety of interdisciplinary workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research consortia and publications. The SSRC seeks an Executive Assistant in the Executive Director’s Office. S/he will report to the Coordinator of the Executive Director’s Office.
- Bachelor’s degree required, social sciences and humanities preferred.
- 3–5 years direct experience as an administrative assistant required, preferably in a nonprofit or academic environment.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Excellent event planning skills, with the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, databases, and Internet research skills required.
- Provide direct and confidential administrative support, which includes screening and responding to mail/e-mail, organizing and maintaining executive office files and supplies, updating contacts, note taking, and engagement with Council staff and external constituents, as well as problem solving on an ad hoc basis.
- Help manage a demanding daily calendar and travel schedule for the Executive Director, and make travel arrangements in coordination with the Travel Office.
- Assist with management of the Executive Director’s Office expenses, including preparing expense reports, submitting travel reimbursements and credit card reconciliation, and tracking invoices.
- Help manage the overall timeline and planning process for the biannual board meetings, including coordinating all logistics for dinners and receptions.
- Organize logistics for meetings involving the Executive Director’s Office, including greeting and receiving outside guests.
- Plan and organize in-house staff events including seminars, regular staff meetings, and social occasions.
- Provide support for Council-wide calendars, special events, and visits from guests to the Council.
- Assist with special executive projects and other office-related tasks on an as-needed basis.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,000 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement and $1,000 professional development funds; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Executive/Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
The Social Science Research Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.