Social scientists comment on Iran's post-election conflict
- "On Miscalculating an Election," by Farideh Farhi
- Several days after the June 12 election, Iran is still reeling in shock, anger, and turmoil with no end seemingly in sight. . . .
- "An Insane and Most Modern Form of Revolt?" by Mark LeVine
- It was just one of thousands of photos circulating across the internet and adorning the home pages of major newspapers as they struggled to keep up with events in Iran. . . .
- "An Artist as President of the Islamic Republic of Iran?" by Shiva Balaghi
- Something's happening here. In one of the largest street demonstrations in Tehran since the 1979 Revolution, thousands filled Vali Asr Street (formerly known as Pahlavi Street) on June 9, forming a human chain nearly 12 miles long and stopping traffic for nearly five hours. . . .
By Farideh Farhi
By Mark LeVine
By Shiva Balaghi