Social scientists comment on the long-term social and psychological impacts of Hurricane Katrina
- Emergency Planning & Recovery
The SSRC's Katrina Task Force is investigating the long-term social and psychological dimensions of the response to and aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. To mark the fourth anniversary of the deadly storm, we have bundled together various Katrina resources on the SSRC site. Highlights include perspectives from Kai Erikson and other leading social scientists.
- "The Perfectly Outrageous Storm," interview with award-winning sociologist Shirley Laska
- The Destruction of Public Housing in New Orleans, audio slideshow with Rachel Luft and Robert "Kool Black" Horton
- "Katrina, the Mighty--and Unending--Storm," op-ed by Kai T. Erikson, Chair, SSRC Task Force on Katrina
- Essay Forum: Understanding Katrina
- Katrina Research Hub