Korean Studies Workshop for Junior Faculty
An opportunity to give and receive critical feedback on books in progress
- East Asia
Open for applications, next deadline is May 1st 2015.
The Social Science Research Council is pleased to announce the Korean Studies Workshop for Junior Faculty. Six recent PhDs conducting research on Korea will be selected on the basis of the potential contribution of their proposed book. Fellows will attend a three-day workshop and collaborate with two senior faculty and a developmental editor on the conceptualization and planning of a dissertation-based scholarly monograph. Funding for the workshop is provided by the Korea Foundation.
- Workshop in Santa Cruz, CA, including three nights of accommodations and travel costs;
- Discussion with colleagues, developmental editor, and senior faculty.
This year's mentor faculty will be announced at a later time.
- Cover letter assessing your own progress and statement of need
- Application form
- Up to five-page book prospectus, single-spaced
- Narrative chapter outline (as detailed in “Sample Chapter Outline")
- One-page list of published works that are relevant to your manuscript
- Two-page CV