The SSRC publishes innovative and original research from its programs and networks through its own imprint, in co-publications with New York University Press, and with other university and independent publishers.
- Remembering Communism: Genres of Representation
Maria Todorova (Editor)
Drawing on examples from Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, and Ukraine, Remembering Communism responds to, or rather apprehends the peculiarities of transforming an "objective" reality into a subjective one.
- Explaining Institutional Innovation: Case Studies from Latin America and East Asia
- 2010. Richard F. Doner (Editor)
- ¿Y qué fue de las mujeres? Género y reparaciones de violaciones de derechos humanos
Ruth Rubio-Marin (Editor)
Spanish translation of What Happened to the Women?: Gender and Reparations for Human Rights Violations.
- Publics, Politics and Participation: Locating the Public Sphere in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2009. Seteney Shami (Editor)
- Obama's Bank: Financing a Durable New Deal
- 2010. Michael Likosky
- Disaster and the Politics of Intervention
- May 2010. Andrew Lakoff (Editor)
- The Power of Religion in the Public Sphere
Eduardo Mendieta (Editor); Jonathan VanAntwerpen (Editor)
ed. Jonathan VanAntwerpen and Eduardo Mendieta
- Varieties of Secularism in a Secular Age
- 2010. Michael Warner (Editor); Jonathan VanAntwerpen (Editor); Craig Calhoun (Editor)
- Disarming the Past: Transitional Justice and Ex-Combatants
- 2010. Ana Cutter Patel (Editor); Pablo de Greiff (Editor); Lars Waldorf (Editor)
- Words in Motion
- 2009. Carol Gluck (Editor); Anna Tsing (Editor)