Books by Fellows
Books published by recipients of SSRC fellowships.
- Policing Egyptian Women: Sex, Law, and Medicine in Khedival Egypt
- Solidarity Transformed: Labor Responses to Globalization and Crisis in Latin America
- Sovereignty at the Edge: Macau and the Question of Chineseness
- Unraveling the Garment Industry: Transnational Organizing and Women's Work
- Secularism Soviet Style: Teaching Atheism and Religion in a Volga Republic
Dr. Luehrmann's work was supported in part by an SSRC Eurasia Program Title VIII Dissertation Award.
- Beyond Our Means: Why America Spends While the World Saves
- Chaos, Violence, Dynasty: Politics and Islam in Central Asia
In Chaos, Violence, Dynasty, 2006 Title VIII Eurasia Program Teaching Award recipient Eric McGlinchey presents a compelling comparative study of the divergent political courses taken by Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan in the wake of Soviet rule.
- A History of Race in Muslim West Africa, 1600-1960
Bruce Stewart Hall
This book traces the development of arguments about race over a period of more than 350 years in one important place along the southern edge of the Sahara Desert: the Niger Bend in northern Mali.
- Your Pocket is What Cures You: The Politics of Health in Senegal
Ellen Elizabeth Foley
Using a community-level approach, 1998 IDRF Fellow Ellen E. Foley analyzes the implementation of global health policies and how they become intertwined with existing social and political inequalities in Senegal.
- Lesson Study Step by Step: How Teacher Learning Communities Improve Instruction
- April 12, 2011.