The Proposal Writing and Dissertation Development Seminar (PWDDS) addresses common concerns arising in the process of preparing the dissertation proposal, and in writing the dissertation itself.
- Has two tracks running in parallel:
- Proposal Writing track: For pre-dissertation fellows working on the research proposal
- Dissertation Development track: For advanced fellows focusing on the body of the dissertation, with the majority of data collection complete
- Fellows may attend both tracks (once each) in the third through sixth year of graduate school, attending the proposal writing and then the dissertation development track
- Includes a considerable amount of time for individual writing, small group sessions, peer reviews, and one-on-one consultations with Mellon faculty mentors
- Provides an ideal setting in which to receive collegial critique and feedback
The 2019 PWDDS was held March 19 to March 23 in Atlanta, GA.
Watch the videos below to find out more about the Proposal Writing and Dissertation Development tracks!