The Summer Conference is the flagship component of the SSRC-Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program. Targeted towards graduate students in years one through three, it provides a forum for skills exchange, cohort-building, and the development of professional proficiencies such as maximizing research resources.
- Open to graduating seniors accepted into a doctoral program and graduate students in years one through three
- Fellows may now attend as many times as they want during their period of eligibility
- Provides the tools and skills for managing the early years of graduate school
- Includes panel presentations of fellows’ research, thematic workshops, presentations by senior scholars, and other activities that expose early-stage graduate students to a broad range of institutional and intellectual issues
- Advanced graduate student fellows and Mellon PhDs serve as workshop leaders, panel discussants, and moderators