The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Education Research and Anxieties of Democracy: Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with both the Education Research Program and the Anxieties of Democracy program. The Program Assistant will support activities and senior staff in both programs.
- Program Assistant/Associate, Abe Fellowship Program Tokyo Office
- The Social Science Research Council seeks a Program Assistant/Associate for its Abe Fellowship Program in its office in Tokyo, Japan. Working with the Program Manager and program staff, the assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the office.
- African Peacebuilding Network Internship
- The Social Science Research Council seeks a fall intern for its African Peacebuilding Network. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable research, communications, and administrative experience. The internship will begin in September and last approximately three months and will require about twenty hours per week in the Brooklyn Heights office.