Mellon Mays Proposal Writing and Dissertation Development Seminar
The PWDDS addresses common concerns arising in the process of preparing the dissertation proposal, and in writing the dissertation itself. The Seminar is divided into two parallel tracks, one for Fellows focusing on the proposal, and a second for the more senior group, focusing on the dissertation. The Seminar schedule includes a considerable amount of time for writing, focus on the individual project in small group sessions, one-on-one consultations with Mellon faculty mentors, and training in the practice of collegial critique.
• Open to fellows in their third-sixth year of graduate school
• Travel, housing and meal expenses covered by the Mellon Mays program
• Has two track running in parallel: one for pre-dissertation fellows focusing on the research proposal, and a second for advanced students focusing on the dissertation itself
• Significant time is allotted for individual work, peer reviews, and one-on-one consultations with Mellon faculty members
• Provides an ideal setting in which to receive collegial critique and feedback
The 2016 PWDDS will be held July 6-11 in Philadelphia, PA.