UVC collaborates with many partners around the world through its research activities on the political economies of war, emerging actors and war technologies, forced displacement and return, justice and security, and governance and public authority. Our partners help us deliver experience-based findings from hard-to-access research sites, as well as conflict perspectives that are often hidden from international peace and security practitioners.
Our partners include:
- UN Prevention Platform: The Civil Society – UN Prevention Platform was created in 2016 against the backdrop of a renewed focus at the UN on prevention and inclusivity, not least the three reviews of UN’s peacebuilding architecture, peace operations and work on women, peace and security of 2015 and the 2016 resolutions (UNSCR 2282).
- The Governance in Conflict Network (GICN): The GIC Network is an international research network led by the Department of Conflict and Development Studies at Ghent University. It brings together all relevant disciplinary knowledge at Ghent University in a thematic interdisciplinary approach. Through cooperation with 28 academic partners from 16 countries a diversified regional and international expertise is integrated in the network. Bundling our strengths together creates valuable opportunities in research and education.
- Social Science in Humanitarian Action Platform (SSHAP): SSHAP is a partnership between the Institute of Development Studies, Anthrologica and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the Wellcome Trust. It has previously received funding from UNICEF, and their images continue to be used on this website with their kind permission. Our vision is to encourage emergency responses which are effective, adaptive, contextually informed, sensitive to vulnerabilities and power relations, planned in consultation with affected communities and local institutions, and based on social and interdisciplinary science and evidence.
- The Global Alliance on War, Conflict, and Health: The Global Alliance on War, Conflict, and Health is a global community aiming to strengthen action on war and conflict as threats to health, and to uphold justice and accountability as the foundations for peace and health. The Alliance brings together researchers, academics, practitioners and advocates who work to prevent war and promote sustainable peace; mitigate the effects of war and conflict on health; and support health rebuilding during and after conflict. Through research, collaboration, capacity building and advocacy, the Alliance seeks to advance this field of scholarship and practice, provide leadership, promote equitable partnerships, and amplify the voice of those most affected by war and conflict.
- The Effectiveness of Peace Operations Network (EPON): The Effectiveness of Peace Operations Network aims to enhance the effectiveness of international peace operations by enabling and supporting collaborative research.