The Summer Conference is the flagship component of the SSRC-Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program. Targeted towards graduate students in years one through three, it provides a forum for skills exchange, cohort-building, and the development of professional proficiencies such as maximizing research resources.
- Open to graduating seniors accepted into a doctoral program and graduate students in years one through three
- Fellows may now attend as many times as they want during their period of eligibility
- Provides the tools and skills for managing the early years of graduate school
- Includes panel presentations of fellows’ research, thematic workshops, presentations by senior scholars, and other activities that expose early-stage graduate students to a broad range of institutional and intellectual issues
- Advanced graduate student fellows and Mellon Ph.D.s serve as workshop leaders, panel discussants, and moderators
The 2019 Annual Graduate Student Summer Conference was held from June 17 to 19 at Columbia University in New York, NY.