Upcoming Events and Announcements
- The 2019 Dissertation Writing Retreat will take place May 29 - June 2 in Chaska, MN. Application for the Dissertation Writing Retreat is Closed.
- The 2019 Annual Graduate Student Summer Conference will take place June 17-19 in New York City. Application for the Summer Conference is Closed.
- Applications for the 2019-2020 Predoctoral Research Grants are now open to MMUF fellows in graduate school (PhD not MA) years 2-5. Applications for grants close on November 1.
- The 2019 Preparing for the Professoriate Seminar will take place September 18 - 21 in Charlotte, NC. Application for the Preparing For the Professoriate will be open from June 19 - July 12
To apply for these and other MMGIP opportunities, visit the Fellows Portal.
Eligible Fields of Study
• Anthropology and Archaeology
• Area/Cultural/Ethnic/Gender Studies
• Art History
• Computer Science *
• Geography and Population Studies
• Earth/Environmental/Geological Science and Ecology *
• Film, Cinema and Media Studies (theoretical focus)
• Foreign Languages and Literatures
• Mathematics *
• Musicology and Ethnomusicology
• Oceanographic/Marine/Atmospheric/Planetary Science *
• Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
• Philosophy and Political Theory
• Physics and Astronomy *
• Religion and Theology
• Theater (non-performance focus)
• Interdisciplinary Studies
* No longer applicable for new undergraduate fellows
Fellows who enter Ph.D. programs in a field not listed above must formally petition for recognition of the graduate program. For more information on SSRC-Mellon Mays benefits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.